As the oil and gas industry continues to grow in Texas, it increases the number of accidents that involve employees and those simply visiting an oil field. Oilfield accidents can cause a lifetime of serious injuries or death. If you’re hurt or if someone you love is killed, you need a Fort Worth oilfield accident lawyer. Because of the potential for lifelong and fatal injuries, it’s imperative that you contact a Fort Worth accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Who Is Responsible for Oil Field Accidents?
Although oil fields provide good paying jobs for people, they’re inherently dangerous. So, when an oilfiend accident happens, who is responsible? Every oil field accident is different. Responsibility and the associated potential legal liability depend on the circumstances of the accident. In general, liable parties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervisors and employers. Supervisors and employers have a legal obligation to minimize the likelihood that a serious injury may occur. They are required to follow the law and best practices to keep the oil field as safe as possible.
- Oil field equipment manufacturers and sellers. Sometimes, oil field accidents happen because of defective equipment. When this happens, the oil field equipment manufacturer and the seller of the equipment may hold some legal liability for the accident.
How Is a Fort Worth Oil Field Accident Lawyer Different from a Personal Injury Lawyer?
An oilfield accident may qualify as a personal injury claim, a defective product and design claim, or a workers’ compensation claim depending on the circumstances. However, regardless of how the potential claim is eventually categorized, oilfield accidents are quite different from other forms of personal injury. A Fort Worth oilfield accident lawyer understands the complex legal relationships between the parties. Items such as master service agreements affect insurance and other liability issues. A Fort Worth oilfield accident lawyer has the necessary experience and understanding of oil and gas law as well as personal injury law to help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve.
What Should You Do After an Oil Field Accident?
If you’re involved in an oilfield accident, you should take the following steps:
- If you’re an employee, inform your supervisor of the accident right away. This does more than help you. It also helps protect the other workers.
- If you’re a visitor, inform a supervising member of the oil field know right away. This puts them on notice that there’s a hazard that could hurt others.
- Get medical attention. Because oilfield accidents can cause serious or life-threatening injuries, don’t wait to get medical care. If necessary, call 911. Otherwise make sure that you see your primary care physician or an urgent care facility as soon as you can. If you’re an employee, consider filing a workers’ compensation claim to help with your medical expenses. Regardless of whether you’re an employee, keep receipts for any money you spend out of pocket for medical care. You may be eligible for reimbursement.
- Call a Fort Worth oil field accident lawyer as soon as you can. This is important for several reasons. First, oilfield accidents have a time limit if you plan to make a legal claim. Second, a lawyer who is experienced in oilfield accidents can help you get your medical expenses taken care of and even help you file a claim with insurance (or workers’ compensation). Third, a lawyer will handle the opposing party on your behalf. Finally, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.
If you were hurt because of an oilfield accident, contact Thompson Law at 1-800-LION-LAW right away. We’re experienced oilfield accident lawyers. The call and the consultation are free. You could be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To learn more, call us right now.