What’s Your Case
Dallas, Fort Worth, TX Medical Malpractice Attorney
When you go to the hospital or visit a doctor’s office, you expect that the physicians and other staff are giving you the highest level of care and attention. When this falls short, however, and you are the victim of a medical malpractice mistake, you need to consult with a knowledgeable Dallas, Fort Worth injury lawyer to discuss your options. Anyone who has been the victim of a serious medical malpractice event may have life changing consequences. If this happens to you, let us at Thompson Law take care of you during these hard times.
Kinds of Medical Malpractice Cases in Dallas, Fort Worth, TX
There are several different causes of medical malpractice. These include:
- Birth injuries. When doctors make mistakes during the labor and delivery process that compromise the health of the mother or the developmental abilities of the child. Cerebral palsy is one example of a birth injury.
- Medication mistakes. Giving you the wrong prescription, the wrong dosage, or failing to understand how your medications may interact could form the basis of a medication error malpractice lawsuit.
- Surgical errors. It is shocking how many surgical errors occur across the United States. People have had the wrong body parts operated on, received surgeries that were intended for someone else, or materials were left inside them after a surgery. Developing an infection that could have been prevented with proper care may also be a part of your medical malpractice lawsuit in Dallas, Fort Worth.
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis. A doctor’s diagnosis is crucial for determining a treatment plan; however, if a doctor waits too long to diagnose you with a serious condition or gives you a diagnosis for another condition, you may miss out on valuable opportunities to get that necessary treatment. This could even lead to fatal injuries in certain situations and enable family members to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.
When this happens, taking action immediately is critical so that you can get the medical treatment required and recover compensation by holding the hospital or medical provider accountable.
Can I Sue for Medical Malpractice Actions in Texas?
In Texas, as in many other states, the law protects victims who have suffered at the hands of a physician or medical care provider who breached the standard duty of care. The standard duty of care is defined as what a similar doctor or provider in the same situation would have done.
If the doctor’s actions in your case do not match what someone else would have done to provide for you, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other expenses associated with this unfortunate incident. If this has happened to you, you need to know that taking action quickly is necessary.
You may be pressured to accept a settlement from the insurance company for the hospital or the doctor’s malpractice, but this is rarely in your best interests. The medical malpractice attorneys at Thompson Law know that insurance companies are well practiced at offering low ball settlement offers in terms of upfront cash to encourage you to accept it and move on. Accepting a settlement early on often prohibits you from ever filing a legal claim.
You must be able to consult with a Dallas, Fort Worth medical malpractice attorney to understand the true scope of your injuries and the types of compensation to which you may be entitled. Do not make the mistake of signing any releases or accepting a settlement until you have spoken directly with an experienced Dallas, Fort Worth medical malpractice attorney.
This one step alone can help to protect you as well as your family and give you the peace of mind necessary to recover.
How a Dallas, Fort Worth Medical Malpractice Lawyer Helps You Recover the Funds You Need
Thompson Law understands how shocking it is for a patient to realize they have been a victim of medical malpractice. It can be difficult to determine the path you should take for recovery and compensation. The right Dallas, Fort Worth medical malpractice attorney can assist you by:
- Evaluating your case and determining whether or not it meets the grounds to file a malpractice lawsuit.
- Looking at your evidence and determining whether expert witnesses or other materials need to be developed in your strategy.
- Investigating the true scope of your damages.
- Evaluating and presenting settlement offers made by the other side directly to you.
- Assisting you in trial and litigation stages if settlement methods are unsuccessful.
You have enough to worry about after a medical malpractice event. In fact, you might not even be able to go to work or get through a single day without significant pain or medications. Turning things over to an experienced medical malpractice attorney, however, gives you the peace of mind and the space to recover and focus on your injury so that you have the best chance of making a complete recovery. To learn more about how to proceed with your case today, reach out to an experienced Dallas, Fort Worth medical malpractice attorney at Thompson Law.
For a free, no obligation consultation, contact us at 1-800-LION-LAW or fill out the form below.
Contact us for a
Principal Office Address: 3300 Oak Lawn Ave., Third Floor Dallas, TX 75219